Rochelle L. Cook as seen on Jonas Elrod’s “In Deep Shift”
Aired on March 8 2015
Growing up, Ester Nicholson suffered abuse and neglect at the hands of her mother. She turned to drugs and alcohol, and soon became a teenage mother with a crippling addiction. Ester began repeating the same vicious cycle of neglect with her own daughter, Shawntee, who was eventually taken away by her family.
Now 25 years sober, Ester has begun to heal her wounds. Her daughter, however, still deeply feels the pain of her mother’s abandonment. To begin rebuilding their relationship, filmmaker Jonas Elrod helps facilitate Ester and Shawntee’s first joint therapy session with counselor Rochelle L. Cook, MA, CHT.
“I don’t understand how you could leave a little girl alone,” Shawntee says to her mother. “What was going through your mind when you were doing those things?”
Watch as Ester and Shawntee discuss the wounds they both suffered as children and the beautiful relationship that can have once both women begin to heal.
Not sure if hypnotherapy or my method will work? Please reach out and book a FREE consultation with me and tell me your story.
- Episode #1 Life, Brain Surgery and Spirituality
- Episode #2 What Happened?
- Episode #3 I Saved Myself from Death!
- Episode #4 Will I Walk Again?
- Episode #5 My Story & The Kindness of Others
- Episode #6 The Seizure
- Episode#7 Vanity
- Episode #8 Patience, Slow Down and PPPV Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness | Vestibular Disorders
- Episode #9 Perception
- Episode #10 Take the Next Step
- Episode #11 The Meaning behind Your Suffering
- Episode #12 It matters what I think not what you think!
- Episode #13 How are you going to get up?
- Episode #14 Judgement
- Episode #15 The Subconscious Mind