You are content.
You know exactly who you are and what you believe in, you are the definition of contentment. Change on the other hand sends you spiraling out of control. Even if you think relationships or career are not working anymore. Does this describe you?
YOUR HOMEWORK IS…
Trust in uncertainty.
Remember: Not changing is a natural state.
If you’ve heard the phrase “change is the only constant” give thanks to Heraclitus, the Greek philosopher who believed that the universe is meant to be perpetually in a state of flux.Seasons keep changing, rivers keep flowing, the cells in our bodies are continually being replaced.
Flip the script on its head.
Think of it this way, for every loss you have an equal and opposite gain. Pinpoint what is scaring you to death and then try asking. “What’s the opposite opportunity here?”
- What would be different. (e.g. I might go back to school or learn a new skill…)
- What am I scared about? (I would have to move, or leave my job or…)
- What could be great? (I’ll meet new people, see you places, learn new tricks…)
Write your memoir.
Look back over your life and list the big changes that have occurred and what the BIG challenges were at the time. Remember how you overcame them, write it down. Now imagine it’s 7 years into the future.
- What has happened? _______________
- How did you make it happen? _______________
- How did you tap into the past to make the future happen? _______________
Do you want to adapt and move forward into a more positive future?