Swedish Research Study – Why fibromyalgia and depression are prevalent in women
Research from Sweden has shed light on why women are more likely suffer from depression, chronic pain syndrome (CPS) and fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) than men. This same study has uncovered mechanisms on why women are prone to depression and mood swings from pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) and post-partum depression. Using positron emission tomography scans (PET) that creates a three-dimensional image of the brain and other areas, Karolinska University in Sweden has determined the neurotransmitter ‘serotonin’ and receptor sites in women are clearly different from men.
Evidence of effectiveness
Study: “Evidence of both systemic inflammation and neuroinflammation in fibromyalgia patients, as assessed by a multiplex protein panel applied to the cerebrospinal fluid and to plasma.” Source: Dovepress.com
In another study “Controlled trial of hypnotherapy in the treatment of refractory fibromyalgia.” 40 patients with refractory fibromyalgia were randomly allocated to treatment with either hypnotherapy or physical therapy for 12 weeks with followup at 24 weeks. Compared with the patients in the physical therapy group, the patients in the hypnotherapy group showed a significantly better outcome with respect to their pain experience, fatigue on awakening, sleep pattern and global assessment at 12 and 24 weeks. Source: NCBI, PubMed.gov
Hypnosis is emerging as one of the best alternative therapies in alleviating the pain of Fibromyalgia. … A recent study carried out at the University of Iowa studied what happens to the brain during hypnosis. Researchers monitored chronic sufferers of Fibromyalgia in a hypnotic trance. As reported by FibromyalgiaSymptoms.org
No sure if hypnotherapy or my method will work? Please reach out and book a FREE consultation with me and tell me your story.
- Episode #1 Life, Brain Surgery and Spirituality
- Episode #2 What Happened?
- Episode #3 I Saved Myself from Death!
- Episode #4 Will I Walk Again?
- Episode #5 My Story & The Kindness of Others
- Episode #6 The Seizure
- Episode#7 Vanity
- Episode #8 Patience, Slow Down and PPPV Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness | Vestibular Disorders
- Episode #9 Perception
- Episode #10 Take the Next Step
- Episode #11 The Meaning behind Your Suffering
- Episode #12 It matters what I think not what you think!
- Episode #13 How are you going to get up?
- Episode #14 Judgement
- Episode #15 The Subconscious Mind