Clinical hypnosis is an altered state of awareness, perception or consciousness that is used to treat a psychological or physical problem. It is a highly relaxed state that helps you move from a life of issues, limitations, anxiety and stress to one of freedom and joy.
You start a session by talking about your issue and story, slowly the root causes are unconcealed. Thisis followed by Hypnosis, you will be directed into a state of inner absorption, concentration and focused attention.
It is like using a magnifying glass to focus the rays of the sun and make them more powerful. Similarly, when our minds are concentrated and focused, we are able to use our minds more powerfully. It is during this crucially focused time that positive changes are made to your old habits allowing the transformation to occur.
Hypnosis helps the subconscious mind to reframe and change destructive patterns.
Why it’s done
Hypnotherapy is a very effective method for coping with stress and anxiety. In particular, hypnosis can minimize stress and anxiety prior to a medical procedure, such as a dental procedure or ay time of medical exam.
Hypnosis has been studied for many other situations, including:
- Behavior change. Hypnosis has been used with some success in the treatment of insomnia, bed-wetting, smoking, and overeating. When combined with Cognitive Behavior therapy (CBT) it becomes extraordinarily effective.
- Cancer treatment side effects. Hypnosis has been used to ease side effects related to chemotherapy or radiation treatment.
- Hot flashes. Hypnosis may relieve symptoms of hot flashes associated with menopause.
- Mental health conditions. Hypnosis may help treat symptoms of anxiety, phobias and post-traumatic stress.
- Pain control. Hypnosis may help with pain due to burns, cancer, childbirth, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, jaw muscle joint problems, dental procedures and headaches.